Thank you for your interest in our department! Earth and Environmental Science at New Mexico Tech is a highly interdisciplinary department that incorporates major programs in Geology, Geophysics, Hydrology, and Environmental Science. Our cutting-edge research programs, national reach, and small institute size provide unique opportunities for both undergrad and graduate students seeking rewarding careers in Earth Science. Please click on one of the below links for more information.
(Please note that most links are not live yet. This currently in a transitionary phase. Blue underlined links are live.)
Petroleum Exploration, Basin Analysis & Modeling
Jolante Van Wijk, Gary Axen
Susan Bilek, Glenn Spinelli
Maine Geology and Geophysics
Chloe Bonamici, Kierran Maher, Ingar Walder
Cave and Karst
Penelope Boston, Andrew Luhmann
Peter Mozley, Dan Koning
Geodetics and Earthquake Warning
We are closely related with:
- IRIS PASSCAL
- New Mexico Bureau of Geology and Mineral Resources
- Petroleum Recovery Research Center at New Mexico Tech
- Mount Erebus Volcano Observatory, Antarctica
- National Cave and Karst Research Institute
- New Mexico Tech Seismological ObservatoryApply for undergraduate admission here.
Apply for graduate admission here.